Monday, June 30, 2014

I am a Digital Immigrant

Although I am much too old to be a digital "native,"  I consider myself very techno-savy and am usually on the early end of adopting different technologies.  In the 80s I programmed computers in BASIC, FORTRAN, PASCAL and C and also integrated equipment in with computers so that the equipment was driven by the computer and the program that I wrote for it.  In the late 90s I was doing something innovative at the college campus that I taught at - I was teaching my fellow faculty members to use power points for their teaching presentations.  I also designed and programed part of the schools website.  Currently I use the web extensively as part of my teaching practice. My students use my class website and my edmodo site as part of the classes I teach.  I have my own youtube channel and produce video tutorials for my students.  I am also putting together an online classroom for the blended astronomy class that I am teaching this summer.  I also have websites for my photography business and my art.   Even my 12 year old daughter, Athena,  has a website for the rabbits she raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment