Monday, June 30, 2014

My Summer So Far

My name is Alison Murray.  I am a 9th grade Physics teacher at Central Falls High School (CFHS).  I am taking this class, CURR 501: Media Literacy, Popular Culture & Education, as part of a master's degree in TESL that I am working on as part of a joint program between CFHS and Rhode Island College.  It has been almost 26 years since I was last a college student so this is really a fun experience for me.  I am enjoying this much more than my last college experience, an M.S. in Physics from Drexel University.
My summer started on a definite down note as I managed to get sick with pneumonia in the last few weeks of school.  I dragged myself over the finish line of the school year.  Last week, which should have been my first week of vacation, I spent the last three days at school writing new curriculum.  Over this past weekend I started doing classwork for the other two graduate classes I am taking this term.  This is going to be a busy month due to the three graduate classes I'm taking.  When this class ends I start teaching a blended astronomy class at CFHS.  It will be the first partially online class that we have ever had at CFHS.  I am really enjoying developing the technology and looking forward to figuring how to get my students to use it.  Hopefully I will have a few real weeks off at the end of the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Busy. Not the best way to start the summer. Make sure to take some time for yourself to chill so that you can stay healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete